Vietnam Travel > The Travel Tips > The things that don't forget
The things that don't forget
- It's in your best interests not to drink the tap water, especially after flooding!
- Avoid cyclo ride after dark.
- Dress modestly and appropriately when visiting local dwellings and religious sites, etc.
- Leave your valuables behind before a night out on the town, or going to the beach.
- When crossing the road, especially in Ho Chi Minh city, always keep looking to the left and right and walk slowly!
- Do not offer money directly to minority people - instead donate to a local charity or offer a small gift, such as pens.
- Try at least once the delicious, local street food.
- Always ask permission first before taking photographs, especially in minority areas.